Sunday, April 8, 2012

23

Today is my birthday. It's been a wonderful weekend filled with friends, spending time with my man, and celebrating Jesus and the magnificent sacrifice he made for us. I can't help but sit and reflect on this year, how much change has happened in my life, and how wonderful it has been. I feel so thankful that God is allowing me to live this life full of His blessings, and overflowing love. I'm looking forward to the year ahead of me, my 23rd year of life. Welcoming new life into ours has already been such a sweet experience, I cannot wait to experience it in full when our daughter comes into the world.

I can't imagine a better way to celebrate my birthday, but on Resurrection Sunday, pregnant with my first child. There is just a general overwhelming thankfulness for life happening in my heart today. For my life, for my precious baby's life, and mostly, for the life of our Savior who lived a sinless life, was crucified for our sins, and raised to walk in new life all so that we could be forgiven.

"...the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to
give His life as a ransom for many."        

          -Matthew 20:28

Happy Easter. May you know the joy and peace that come with knowing the risen savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...