Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week 23

23 weeks into this wonderful adventure! Everything and everyone is just trucking right along. Both baby girl (I know we still have yet to go completely 100% public with her name...we cannot decide on a middle name for her) and I are both growing and doing really well. Most of the time I feel like I am growing much more than her, which I still have not completely been able to embrace fully. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my belly grow, but other parts of me...not so much. 

Other than growth, this week has been mostly uneventful thus far. We did have an appointment on Wednesday, which means we got to hear our girl's heartbeat, also known as the most magical sound to our ears these days. True to her pesky, stubborn ways she made it nice and difficult for the doctor to hear her heart for more than ten seconds at a time by doing somersaults and kicking strong. 

Speaking of kicking, you would think she has a black belt in karate with how much she's kicking and punching around in there. One of my favorite things to do these days is to just sit or lay down and spend time feeling her move around. It makes me smile so big. 

This week she has crossed over the pound mark in weight, and is either right at or just over a foot in length. I can definitely tell a difference in her size just from the past two weeks. Her movements are much more forceful and at times she gets in positions that are a little uncomfortable for her mom. 

Symptom wise, I really have no complaints. I am usually pretty sore and tense by the end of the day from walking and standing so much, but that is nothing some relaxation on the couch and a little massage from my sweet husband can't fix. :) I'm really enjoying being pregnant right now. I feel so grateful to be blessed with the opportunity to carry our little girl and feel her growing every day. It's a miracle.


Photo inspired by Robyn's 22 week pictures (it is so fun walking this journey with a friend that is due less than a week after me!)  

1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures this week! You've got such a cute bump! And I definitely love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...