Monday, April 30, 2012

Garage Sailing Galore

 My husband is a thrifty man. One of his favorite hobbies is to dig around in thrift stores, garage sales, flea markets, pawn shops, and record stores for deals. I'm usually not that into it unless I have a specific purpose. Don't get me wrong, I definitely have a thrifty nature (I'm generally much more of a cheap-o than him), but I just don't enjoy the hunt as much as he does. However, now that we're expecting our girl, I have been overly excited to join him on his Saturday morning treasure hunts. This Saturday we ventured out, and it was a very successful day.

I thought it would be fun to share some of our finds.

Lets start out with the find I'm most excited about. We found this fisher-price swing at a garage sale for $30. I have talked to several of my mommy-friends who have said that their babies LOVE this swing. They have one in our church nursery, and apparently it's a hot commodity for the fussy little ones. This exact swing is no longer made, but a very similar one (which happens to be the one we registered for), is sold on Amazon for $126. It also came with an extra cover which will most likely come in handy at some point. I'd say that $30 is a steal!
Every time I walk in the front door and see this set up I smile and say to myself "wow, we're going to have a baby to put in this thing is a few months!"  
Sweet little birdie that our little birdie will enjoy watching. 
It's pretty much impossible for me to go shopping anywhere these days without drooling over adorable baby clothes. Baby girls are just incredibly fun to buy clothes for! Our wallets unfortunately can't handle me splurging on every dress and onesie that I love in the stores, but garage sales and thrift stores are another story. We got lucky at one specific thrift store that was having a 50% off ALL clothing sale, and another one that had up to 75% of select items. I went a tad bit crazy...

Over 15 (some are buried) outfits...less than $12!!!
6 pairs of pants/leggings (most complete with ruffle butt)...$5. 
Last, but not least is this adorable little sling we found. After some research I found out that this particular sling (and all slings released by infantino) have been recalled due to several babies suffocating in them. I still plan on using it, but will do so in a way that I am extremely mindful of how my little one is placed in the sling, and checking on her every couple of seconds. I'm excited about carrying her in this sling, and other slings that I have my eye on...carefully. 

Infantino Sling...$5. Similar slings run around $30-$40.
We also got a pretty area rug for our new place's living room for $15, a few books, and some cds. 

It was a fun, successful day of thrifting. 
It's safe to say that Andrew and I high-fived when the morning was over...because we're cheesy like that. 

Hope y'all enjoyed this installment of Garage Sailing Galore. Hopefully there will be many more of these posts to come in the future. 

2 comments:

  1. SO fun! girl clothes are the best. my wallet would be empty if i had a girl! and that swing was a STEAL! way to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Allye - that is some major garage saling! Those are serious deals - you must be getting so excited seeing all the baby stuff filling up your house! I would not trade my little guy for the world, but it's true, there is something extra fun about buying girl clothes. I mean, who decided boys couldn't wear ruffles? Such a drag. So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...