Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Life these days

It seems like I've taken a slight blogging hiatus unintentionally. I'll catch up on the baby posts soon, it's just that things have been kind of hectic here lately.
Andrew and I are in the middle of making some pretty big, life changing decisions. It's exciting, frustrating, and difficult. Change is always hard, even if its small.
We've kind of started the process of looking for a new place to live, and I've gotten kind of into it. I have this really strong desire to get settled in a place where our sweet girl will be welcomed into a home that has a special space just for her instead of just a bassinet in our room. I know she wont know the difference, but it's important to me for some reason. Nesting this soon? Possibly, except I have absolutely no desire to clean, so probably not. It's probably because I've been on Pinterest way too much when I get home from everything we've been doing these days. I have some pretty fabulous ideas for Little One's nursery (hopefully she'll get one). It is so much fun looking and imagining what it will be like to decorate a space for her.

Baseball season is in full swing. The boys have been SO well behaved. I was thinking about how much they have changed in one year. Last year at baseball practice Andrew and the other coaches spent at least 80% of practice breaking up fights and trying to get them to pay attention for just 5 minutes. This year, it's like a brand new group of boys. While they are still rowdy 9, 10, and 11 year old boys, their attitudes are completely changed. They try hard, are generally pretty respectful, and haven't gotten in ONE fight yet this season. AMAZING. I love them so much, and am grateful to God for placing each one of them in our lives. Since we started ministering to them, 3 of them have accepted Jesus into their hearts. 2 of them were baptized last week, and 1 is getting baptized on Mother's day. It is so special to watch them grow, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I'm so thankful for the work God is doing in them, and that he's allowed us to be apart of it!

Work is good. I've hit the 6 month mark and still enjoy going to work most days. On the days I'm not that excited to go, I try and remember when I didn't have a job and wanted one so badly and that usually helps. I enjoy my residents, co-workers, and the difference I get to make in people's lives. The good mostly always outweighs the stress.

And that is an update on life as we know it right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad those boys have you and Andrew. You guys are going to be such great parents. XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...