Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Grown-ups

Big things are happening over here in our little lives. We found a house to rent, and it's perfect for us. A cute little 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with a pretty backyard. The only thing we are the slightest bit sad about is moving out of the city. We realized that we just cannot find what we want/need within our price range here in the city, so we're moving on the outskirts. We've enjoyed being so close to everything, and will definitely miss it. We signed the lease today and start moving in at the end of May. It was fun to stand in that empty little house today, look around, and imagine how much our family will grow and change in there. What a journey we're about to embark on! Andrew and I have had a few conversations that end with something along the lines of "wow, we're kind of turning into grown-ups".

Little one has been kicking me so hard the past couple of days. Occasionally it takes me by surprise and makes me jump. I love to feel her move from the inside, but there's just something about laying my hand on my stomach and feeling her kick it that makes me so giddy. She is a feisty little girl. I can't wait to meet her.

This week at work (it's only Tuesday?!?!) has been hectic and stressful. Among other things, I got "stuck" on the Westbank after doing a home visit because I forgot to bring a dollar to get back across the bridge. I have never used my debit card with the pin (I only use it as "credit") so I couldn't get money out of an ATM. I had a moment in the car that involved pulling out of sight at the gas station and crying onto my steering wheel for a good 5 minutes. After I composed myself and realized how much of a hormonal pregnant mess I was being, I drove myself to a bank and cashed a check for $20, and proceeded to cross the darn bridge that started all that drama in the first place. Sometimes you just have to cry in a shady shell station parking lot before you can start thinking clearly, I guess.

Here's hoping the rest of the week flies by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...