Friday, November 11, 2011

November Update

Well, November is upon us and I just cannot believe how fast time is flying.
I love this time of year. Thanksgiving, Christmas, cardigans, boots. It all makes me feel warm and fuzzy. That is, until my alarm goes off at 6:45 and I have to get out from under my warm bed and step onto our freezing floors in our old, cold house without central heat. The warm and fuzzies leave in the morning.


I'm slowly starting to pick up on my job. I'm encouraged every day that I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing right now. I'm in love with 120 fabulous, needy, sweet senior adults. I got really, really stressed for the first time this week. I had about 5 families with multiple complaints that I couldn't fix right away, hadn't crossed one thing off of my to do list, and didn't eat lunch until 3pm. I shoved some salad down my throat, got some work done, and all was well.

Andrew's work has slowed a little with football season coming to a close. They had a tournament for the boys at the park, where they lost (no surprise here), but still got trophies. It was crazy adorable how excited they were to 'win' the trophies. They were so proud. Basketball season has started but Andrew is just going to help when needed. We'll go to the games and cheer them on, but a break was needed.


We had some friends over for Halloween. I made turkey chili with cornbread and we ate in our backyard dressed like fools. We walked around the quarter and saw a bunch of really crazy people. A good time was had by all. 


My friend Becca from nursing school is visiting this weekend. It's her first time to New Orleans which means Andrew and I get to be tour guides (our favorite!) and show her this great city of ours. I'm excited.

12 days until Andrew and I get to go home for Thanksgiving. I cannot wait. I'm so ready for a short break to relax and spend time with our family.

Exciting times folks!
Well, Andrew just put Hank Williams "Hey Good Lookin'" on the record player. Time to go dance in my slippers.
Love from New Orleans,
Allye

1 comment:

  1. I love this, and I love that you're starting to settle into your life with Andrew. :) Marriage is a fabulous thing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...