Friday, July 18, 2014

Lucy-- One Month


Oh my goodness this girl is SWEET. She's mostly a very content little baby. She cries when she's hungry and tired. She has occasional gassiness which makes her unhappy as well, who can blame her?!   She's laid back most of the time, which I am incredibly grateful for considering her sister is the OPPOSITE of laid back these days. 



This kid loves to eat. She's still eating every 1-2 hours during the day (usually closer to 1), and about the same amount at night, with some longer stretches mixed in here and there (if I'm lucky!). She's still in her all of her newborn clothes, but it seems like she's getting a bit long already for her sleepers. She's up to 9lbs 15oz, which is almost 3 whole pounds more than her birth weight, so I'd say she's getting plenty of food! She's also already 23 inches long (in the 96th percentile for height...not sure where she got that from). 



Sleep: Not happening. Actually, that's not entirely true. She's faked me out a few times and given me a couple 4 hour stretches, and then is back to eating every 1.5-2 hours the next night. I guess it's better than never sleeping 4 hour stretches at all, right? I'm hopeful that she's going to be a good sleeper though. We'll see! She does let me lay her down at night as long as she's swaddled and asleep. 



We're starting to see a few social smiles here and there, but she's mostly just very, very inquisitive, quiet, and serious when she's awake. I can usually get a couple of smiles out of her if I work REALLY hard and at the perfect time. Usually her favorite time to smile is right after she wakes up from a nap before she enters the "OMGOSH I'IM STARVING FEED ME NOW" stage of being awake, which usually gives me about a two minute window to get smiles out. 



Favorite Things: Mama, milk, sleep,  being held ALL THE TIME (by mama...and no one else) and cuddling. 

Least Favorite Things: The carseat. She HATES it. I'm hoping and praying she grows out of this before our roadtrip to Texas in August. She's also not a fan of being put down. Ever. 


Best Moment This Month: Hands down, the best moment(s) this month have been watching Lucy and Ruby get to know each other. Seeing Ruby love on Lucy is by far the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my life. Ruby talks to her in a super high pitched baby voice and it's hilarious (and ear piercing). Lucy gets endless kisses and hugs, and I'm convinced she is going to be the toughest little one ever because it's not always the most gentle affection, and Lucy rarely complains. 


Dear Lucy, 
This past month has been such a whirlwind. You have changed our lives so much, and it has taken some getting used to for all of us. We wouldn't change anything for the world though. You have brought so much joy and love into our lives. Your sweet personality and pretty blue eyes have us all wrapped around your little finger. We feel so lucky to have you in our lives and get to watch you grow. 
We love you! 
Mama


Here's a picture of Ruby at 1 month, just for some fun comparison! 

I think my photography skills have slightly improved in the past two years!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for her sweet little personality to keep peeking through as the days turn to months and so on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...