Monday, December 1, 2014

Lucy -- Four Months

Lucy is already 5 months old, so I figured I should get this up before she turns 6 months old next week. Oops!

She's a gem. We couldn't be anymore lucky with this sweet, laid back, content little girl. With a very high energy, rambunctious, CRAZY big sister, it's such a blessing to have a chill baby that's happy to just chill in someone's arms amidst the crazy.


This sweet baby's personality is really starting to come out. She is such a happy girl. She's just much more serious and reserved that Ruby has ever been. She smiles ALL THE TIME, but has yet to let out any big belly laughs, mostly just tiny chuckles and this funny laugh that sounds like she's holding it all in. I have to constantly remind myself that she and Rubes are DIFFERENT people. I don't know why I keep expecting Lucy to do the same things Ruby was doing at this age, they are not the same baby. Silly me. Lucy is her own wonderful person, and we are loving getting to know her sweet little self. 



We had a couple REALLY rough nights of sleep (or lack there of) this month, but it seems as though she's finally gotten in a groove with a bedtime now. Up until this point she's been staying up late with mama and daddy (until around 11 or so), but now she's going to bed around 8 or 8:30. She's still waking up several times a night to nurse. Baby girl loves to eat. Which brings me to my next topic...



FOOD. Lucy's favorite thing ever. I think she would nurse all day if I let her. She's up to 16lbs and 25 inches this month. She's outgrown all of her 3 month clothes and moved onto 6 month. Growing so, so fast! When she's home with mama she like to eat every 2-3 hours still, but when she's at daycare she usually eats 4-5oz every 4 hours. I've thankfully been able to keep up with pumping and have a little bit of a freezer stash to fall back on should anything happen. I feel so lucky to be able to still provide my baby with my milk even when we can't be together. As much as I dislike pumping, it's so worth it!



Favorite things: Mama & Daddy,  milk, playing with toys that make noise, watching Ruby and Banjo, riding in the car. 



Least favorite things: Being left alone in a room for longer than ONE second, not being held. 




Beautiful girl, 
You are so special to us. These last 4 months with you have been such a great gift. We love how wonderfully different you are than your sister. You're wonderful, and perfect, and we couldn't love you more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...