Monday, September 17, 2012

What I've learned so far

Being a mom is so much harder than I thought it would be.
It is also so much more wonderful than I thought it would be.
Loving someone so deeply and being 100% responsible for their well-being is completely overwhelming.
I worry too much.
I worry that I'm doing something wrong. I worry that she's sick if she barely sniffles. I worry that she has reflux when she barfs up entire meals all over the couch and me. Worry, worry, worry.
Late one night when we were evacuated in Lake Charles, Ruby was having a melt down while I was trying to feed her. I was exhausted and at my wits' end. I broke down and cried out (quite literally) to the Lord asking him to take Ruby in his hands, cover her and protect her; but mostly I begged that he would help me trust Him and give Ruby to Him. As a mother I know that was just the first of many, many times I'll have to ask that. It's so hard sometimes when things are so uncertain, new, and scary to trust that He is in control. Motherhood is teaching me a whole new meaning of dependance on God.
I'm learning to trust in a whole new way.
I marvel at how God created Ruby so perfect for us. Even though these first 3 weeks (almost a MONTH...how is that even possible?!) have been some of the hardest in our lives they have also been the most rewarding and happy. Having a child and becoming a mom sheds light on a love so beyond anything I have ever felt before. I've fallen even more in love with Andrew getting to watch him be such a wonderful father and love our daughter so well.
Watching this little life begin to unfold is a miracle and I'm so very grateful to be able to be apart of this story that God has written for us.

"wait, you're telling me you and mom have NO IDEA what you're doing?!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...