Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ruby's Room

I love this room.
Banjo being bad and snatching her stuffed animal off the bookshelf
It is hands down my favorite room in the whole house.
I spent days and days just dreaming about how I wanted to make her room when we found out that she was in my belly. Creating this space for our girl was so fun for me.


I wanted it to be unique. I didn't want it to be super babyish, I wanted it to be fun, colorful, and sweet.
Her room is filled with handmade decorations. I love that about it. 

Ruby showing off her new skill...rolling over!

We were pretty frugal when it came to putting together her room. We found her crib at a garage sale and painted it the fun teal color. 



After searching and searching for just the right dresser at garage sales, thrift stores, and craigslist, we finally caved and bought one that we liked from Big Lots. I really wanted something that could double as a changing table, and we were having trouble finding something that was the correct height. This simple white dresser works perfectly though! 

Excuse the messy closet! 
When I was pregnant with her and really longing for her to be in my arms, I would go sit in her room and rock, looking around and picturing her in her pretty little room. 
I love thinking back on those times when I'm rocking her now. 
I love that I get to tell her how much I dreamed about her, and how happy I am that she is finally here. 


I think she likes her room. She likes to look at the birds while I change her diapers, and I think she enjoys all the bright colors. She just recently started taking naps in her crib during the day, and I think once she's sleeping a little bit better at night we will make the transition into her room from ours. I'm definitely not in rush...I love having her so close! I am hoping to move her into her room before I go back to work, but we'll just see.

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into Rube's room.
Just incase you're wondering, here's where everything came from:

Crib: Jenny Lind, vintage, garage sale find
Bookshelf: Target (no longer available)
Letter on bookshelf: Pottery Barn
Glider: BabiesRus
Yellow Chevron Rug: Urban Outfitters
Letters above crib: Anthropologie 
Curtains: Target
Dresser: BigLots 
Knobs on dresser: Anthropologie 
Changing pad cover: Land of Nod
Baskets above dresser: TJ Maxx
Vase in basket: Anthropologie 
Wall art next to closet: Etsy, finny and zuke
Name pillow in crib: Etsy , for the love of joy
Other wall decor: Handmade




1 comment:

  1. I love to read your notes, and the room is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...