Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ruby-- Four Months

Our sweet, sweet girl turned 4 months old on Christmas Eve. It was warm enough outside to take these pictures with Rubes in her short-sleeved onesie. Ruby is getting to be such a fun little girl. She is gaining a little sassy personality that makes us laugh. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. 


Like I mentioned, her little personality is just blooming. She is a very happy baby like she always has been, but has grown a bit of a temper. She gets SO easily frustrated if she can't do something, like put a whole block in her mouth. It cracks us up, but most of the time we have to take away whatever the toy is that is frustrating her or she will just get herself way too worked up. 


Ruby's hair is SLOOWWLY growing. She still has a good amount of brown hair in the back, but as you can see in the picture above it's definitely growing in a little blonde. Her hair has started doing a little alfalfa curl on top and it is just the cutest thing I've ever seen.


We've been battling a nasty little cold since her 3 month post, and this month it unfortunately turned into more than just a little cold. Rubes was diagnosed with RSV and an ear infection. It was SO SAD to see our sweet, happy baby so miserable. She had a rough time breathing and had enough snot in her nose to fill up a cup (gross). We got her on some antibiotics for her ear infection and it cleared up pretty quickly. Happy Ruby was back in just a few days.


We had to deal with some sleep regression this month (I'm guessing because of her being so sick). She had a few nights where she'll wake up every 2 hours to nurse. This made getting up and going to work even more hard than it usually is. Thankfully, she *kinda* got back into the swing of things and is mostly only waking 1-2 times per night. She seems to be going to bed later and later though and I'm not really sure why, or how to change it. Part of me is grateful for it because it means I get lots of extra time with her after the day is over, and part of me would enjoy some time to wind down myself. At the end of the day, though, there really is nothing sweeter than Ruby cuddles.




The girl has an obsession with her hands. Well, really anything that she can get in her mouth (your hands, too if you let her!). She is constantly chewing on something, and hands are just SO convenient. She's not much of a thumb sucker, she prefers the first two fingers after her thumb.


You can almost always guarentee that Ruby has a hair stuck between her fingers. She is constantly grabbing hair. No matter how often I spread those chubby fingers apart and pry the hairs out, she somehow always ends up with more. I keep thinking about cutting my hair, but I'm not sure that would really make a difference. She pulls Andrew's hair and it's not even an inch long!


We've had a bit of a set back in the eating department (again, thanks to our friends RSV and ear infection). She had lost almost a pound the last time we took her to the doctor. It definitely doesn't show, and her double chin has not suffered one bit. Even with her feeling better, her appetite still hasn't returned. I had been pumping exclusively so that we could monitor how much she was taking in, and she had gone from eating 5 oz per feeding to 2 oz. The past couple of days she has eaten between 2-3oz, so I'm hoping this means her appetite is starting to come back. 

I'm pretty sure she is starting to teeth. Like I mentioned before she is constantly chewing on something, she is also drooling probably a gallon of slobber a day. She's slightly irritable and a lot more needy than usual. Last night I let her suck on a slice of frozen peach that I was snacking on and she absolutely loved it. It was so cute to see her little brain working thinking "this is NOT milk...but...mmmmm...it's GOOD!" We'll be taking her to her 4 month appointment sometime this week or next, and maybe get the clear to start trying some foods with her. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that step, mostly because it makes me sad to think about her growing up. We'll see. I might hold off until 6 months. 


I say it every month, but I feel so blessed to have such a happy girl! She is definitely easy to please, and smiles almost all day long. Her teachers at daycare rave about how darling and sweet she is and say to me all the time "she's such an easy baby". I'm thankful that the transition to daycare has gone so well for all of us. Andrew checks on her multiple times a day and sends me texts like "she's playing on the floor and smiling" or "she's napping in her crib all bundled up...i love her". It definitely makes my day go by faster knowing she is loved and cared for. SO very grateful for a loving place to take her while we work.


Ruby is a daddy's girl through and through. He gets the best smiles and cuddles from her. She has gotten to spend a lot of time with him recently with her being sick and Christmas break at daycare. Andrew had sick time that he could take, and had an end of the year break from work that thankfully coincided perfectly with hers. I love watching their relationship form and grow. They are a sweet pair.



Our Love, 
Happy four months! You are changing daily, and Mama & Daddy love to watch you grow. You are so sweet and happy. It warms our hearts to see you smile and her you laugh. Every little part of you is incredibly beautiful and you make me proud to be your mom on a daily basis. God has blessed us more than I could have ever imagined by you, darling girl. You're the best. 
We love you, Sunshine. 
Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...