Monday, October 24, 2011

WHO DAT?!

Last night we got the wonderful, exciting privilege of going to a Saints game. Andrew has been before, but it was my first live Saints experience (actually, my first live NFL experience). It was SO fun. I would venture out to say that Saints fans are like no other fans. I don't have any real evidence of this since it was my first NFL experience, but it was so loud in that dome. People are just incredibly happy, dancing, giving everyone around them high fives, singing, and "standing up and getting crunk". I guess it helped that the Saints completely dominated the poor Colts, but I think the energy would have been similar if that wasn't the case, too.
It was really fun. Way more fun than I was expecting. I told Andrew that I want season tickets. I don't know if we'll be able to afford them...ever...but it's fun to dream.
We live close enough that we could walk, which made the experience all the more enjoyable. Getting to experience the mass chaos of the city before a game was great. Not having to sit in traffic was pretty amazing, too.
Here are a few pictures of our evening.
The Dome just got adopted by Mercedes Bendz, so there are now fancy lights on it. It looks pretty. 
There were a few people there.

Final Score, and our friends Jeff, Berry, and Steven 
As you can tell, it was a successful night for the Saints. We had a ton of fun. I'm grateful to have a generous boss that would rather watch the game on TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...