Monday, May 28, 2012

Week 27

Hello 3rd trimester, it is so nice to meet you.
We are getting closer and closer to meeting out sweet little girl, and I am getting more and more excited.
We moved at the end of last week and while it has been completely exhausting, it's also been kind of fun. We are almost unpacked, which I consider to be a pretty major accomplishment, and I'm amazed at how much this place already feels like home. We bought our first set of couches. It was tough for us to spend that kind of money, but we ended up finding a great deal at a rooms to go outlet store on a couple of couches that we're loving.
Ruby's room is full of things that we aren't quite sure what to do with yet, but the thought of getting it all set up for her makes me giddy. After we get completely unpacked I plan on starting on decorating her room, I can't wait.
Our little sweetie has passed the 2lb marker, and has grown half an inch since last week. Big developmental milestone this week: she opens her eyes and can see! Before she could detect light, but now she's actually looking around in there. I'm sure it's not the most exciting place to see, but it's neat to think about her pretty little eyes being open. She's still moving all the time, and still loves to show off for her dad at night by flipping around and making my belly look like a wave from the outside.
We'll get to meet our sweet girl in just about 85 days, give or take a few. I can't wait to hold her in my arms. Until then, I'm content holding her in my belly and feeling her crazy little self move around.

Here's a picture of my growing belly...we're getting big Ruby!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...