Saturday, March 2, 2013

Life List

I started a word document named "Life List" my freshman year of college. I was going through some pretty dramatic changes in my life (as most people do their first year of college), and wanted to write down some of my dreams, goals, and hopes for the rest of my life. Since making that list I have opened it a few times to mark things off and maybe add a few more things. It's funny, because I have changed SO much since then, but I have never taken one thing off the list, just added things to it.
I'm sharing it for fun, because I like thinking about the possibility of all of these things happening.
I smile when I read this list, because I would have never guessed the direction my life would go when I wrote it almost 6 years ago. I don't think I EVER dreamt of crossing of "meet and marry my best friend" and "become a mom" so early in life. Even though this list contains many, many things that might never happen for me; it teaches me to not even think about that they might never happen, because heck, they COULD! I love that.


Swim with dolphins in the ocean
Become a mom
Eat pizza in Italy                                                                                                                  Graduate College
Become foster parents
Adopt a child from foster-care
Dance in a flash-mob
Zip-line through a rainforest
Pay off my student loans as quick as possible
Go on a last minute cruise
Take my kids to concerts
Travel cheaply, and stay in hostels
Adopt a puppy/dog from a shelter
Read the bible cover to cover multiple times
Go to Wrigley Field with my husband
Meet and marry my best friend.
Get backstage passes to a concert
See the Grand Canyon
Have a kitchen with big black and white tile (and teal black-splash…)
Tile a black-splash in our kitchen myself
Go to Hawaii
Teach my dog to play frisbee
Teach my dog to be a therapy dog, and take him/her to hospitals and nursing homes
Stand under the Eiffel tower
Go back to Big Bend with my cousins (my cousins and I went every summer with my grandparents when we were kids)
Have a garden in our backyard and grow our own food
Backpack Europe with our future kids
Whale watch
Have family traditions that our kids love and look forward to
Drive a VW van (this has been a dream of mine since I was in elementary school)
Find the Emmylou Harris Wreaking Ball album on vinyl and give it to Andrew as a present
Have an open shower with more than one showerhead
Make clothes for my kids
Go to a floating lanterns festival
Go skiing with my husband
Find a job that I love AND get to help people at every single day
Live somewhere outside the US for a year, or more
Run a marathon, or a half marathon. I would be happy with either (so, realistically, half.)
See Over the Rhine live
Go to Africa and work in a clinic
Be a stay at home mom when my kids are little ones
Learn Spanish
Meet Oprah
Live close to an ocean
Pay for my kids’ college
Visit my cousins in Boston
Give someone a scholarship for college
Don’t eat sugar for a month
Live on enough land to have a horse or two
Try to surf
Actually learn to surf
Read all the books on our bookshelf (quite a task, I assure you)
Feel confident in a swimsuit
Dye my hair
Learn how to deliver babies and become a midwife
Deliver babies in a third world country
Go to New York and find Central Perk (the coffee shop from Friends) (not sure if it actually exists so this one might be impossible)
Cook dinner every night for a month
Be a mom my kids want to stay in contact with
Have a picnic at the park in Belton where my husband proposed
Learn to salsa dance/ballroom dance
Watch our Bunny Friend boys graduate high school. 
Get a Masters Degree
Own a house with a big front porch
Sit on said front porch rocking on our babies in rocking chairs
Host a foreign exchange student
Learn to play the piano
Get a tattoo
Train for a triathlon
Raise chickens for fresh eggs 


1 comment:

  1. Loooove the list! For some reason, 'Meet Oprah' made me LOL! Love/miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...