Saturday, March 16, 2013

A New Chapter

I mentioned a few posts back that I might have some exciting news to share soon.
It's true.
About a week ago I accepted a new job as a school nurse! I am incredibly excited about this opportunity, I really cannot wait to get started! I gave my two week notice this past Monday, which means my last day at my current job will be this Friday. It's bittersweet, as most new chapters in life are. I have built so many meaningful relationships and learned so much at Emeritus. It will always hold a special place in my heart, and I will definitely be going back at least monthly to visit my sweet residents who are so very special to me. While it's hard to leave, I also know that I am going to love my new job. I am so excited to get to work with kids, and get more time with my Ruby girl. I'm thankful for the blessing of change, even though it can be hard.
We've been casually looking at houses, which is pretty fun! It's so fun to walk through places and imagine our family growing there, as well as imagining what history the walls of all those rooms hold. We keep going back and forth on "are we really ready for this?", which most likely means we're not. It's still fun to dream, nonetheless. Ruby likes looking at houses, too. Our real estate agent keeps telling us that she is the best house hunting baby she's ever met. She enjoys testing the acoustics in the houses by squealing in each room.
We had our final home visit for our (never-ending) foster care certification (we started in November 2011). Our case-worker said that she thinks that we should be certified by the second week of April. We definitely aren't holding our breath, seeing as though it could take much longer, but are hopeful and excited for that change as well!
Andrew has some neat and exciting things going on at his job as well. He moved into a new office where Ruby loves to visit and help him send emails. Andrew is still enjoying his ministry with our boys, and is starting to work on connecting them with families in our church. It's neat to see his ministry grow and change, and I feel grateful to get to be apart of it.

So, there you have it. That's all of our news in a nutshell.

And here are some Ruby pictures for those of you who come to this blog strictly for that reason.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...