Thursday, April 10, 2014

31 Weeks

How far along: 31 weeks! Whoa! 
Due Date: June 9th, 2014
Gender: Girl! 
Name: STILL undecided. It's starting to become a little annoying that we can't decide on a name. We'll figure it out eventually though!
Weight Gain: up to 20lbs now...and I'm pretty sure gaining at least a pound a day with the amount of food I'm consuming. 
Maternity clothes: Yes. I'm squeezing into some of my non-maternity tops still, but pants are totally out of the question. 
Stretch Marks: Just the ones left over from Rubes. 
Belly button in or out: In most of the time, but sometimes out...weird belly button.
Food cravings: Potato chips. And cake. And frozen fruit. (does that last one cancel out the first two??). I've also recently become addicted to Sonic's mango iced tea. 
Sleep: I'm sleeping just fine, but always feel like I could sleep more when my alarm goes off and usually hit a wall of exhaustion around 2-3pm. Evenings are hard.
This week:  We're still dealing with issues with our "new" van. It's so annoying, I can hardly stand to even write about it here. Cars are just a giant black hole that suck money right out of your bank account. It's depressing. The weather is beautiful though, and I love getting to play outside in the evenings with the kids. On Sunday I folded laundry at the back door with it open while watching the kids play in the yard. It was really as lovely as folding laundry could get. 
Miss anything: I'm starting to feel a little less agile. I can't bend as easily, and picking up Ruby is getting harder and harder. My body can definitely feel the stress of carrying a baby in my belly and a toddler in my arms, and I'm sure it's only going to get harder from here on out. 
Movement: This little girl is a MOVER. I've been able to gauge recently if she's head down or not by her hiccups (which happen at least 2-5 times a day), and she is still rolling all over the place. This morning I felt her hiccups super low in my pelvis, and this afternoon I felt them up in my right ribs. She has definitely not assumed the head down locked and loaded for delivery position quite yet. Which, if she's anything like Ruby, she wont do until everyone is worried about her being breech at 38.5 weeks! These girls. 
Queasy/sick or other symptoms: Heartburn has been so much better recently (knock on wood). I've been trying to eat smaller meals, and I think that helps. Keeping tums on hand at all times doesn't hurt either. I'm really feeling pretty great! Last week I was having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, and it was starting to worry me a little bit. My doctor checked me at my routine appointment though, and said there's no sign of anything moving toward early labor. She said that the BH contractions are usually stronger and more frequent with second pregnancies...oh joy!
Looking forward to: Spring break. A whole week of nesting. I'm planning on organizing Ruby's room (which the girls will share eventually), and start figuring out where baby's stuff will go. Also planning on washing tiny clothes and baby blankets. Couldn't be more excited. We're also knocking out all our doctor/dentist/hair/meeting with birth photographer appointments. I'm hoping to get a couple of zoo/aquarium/children's museum trips in with Ruby too. It's going to be a busy week, but I'm really looking forward to it. 


Here I am 30 weeks pregnant with Ruby for a comparison. Definitely carrying these two a little differently. Not sure what that means, if anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...