Tuesday, April 29, 2014

34 Weeks

How far along: 34 weeks! 
Due Date: June 9th, 2014
Gender: Girl! 
Name: Houston, we have a name...a first name at least. We're keeping it slightly under wraps until her birthday though. No reason really besides the fact that I remember getting really annoyed with people's reactions when I told them Ruby's name when we were expecting her. Sorry, but I really don't want your opinion. 
Weight Gain: Why is this apart of the questions, again? The numbers on the scale are increasing rapidly at this point thanks to my constant eating. Oh well, I'll loose it eventually...hopefully. 
Maternity clothes: Yes. All the way. My non-maternity work scrubs are getting a bit tight in the thighs and hip area, but I'm thinking I can make it another 5 weeks or so without buying anything new. 
Stretch Marks: Just the ones left over from Rubes. 
Belly button in or out: In most of the time, but sometimes out.
Food cravings: Chick-fil-a has brought back their peach milkshake. Part of me heard the hallelujah chorus singing when I found out, and another part screamed "NOOOOOO!" and ran for the hills. The hallelujah chorus part has won the battle, and I've successfully drank my fair share of them already. 
Sleep: Oh, sleep. It's a sensitive subject right now, mostly because I'm not doing much of it. I'm tossing and turning a lot at night trying to get comfortable. It doesn't help that little miss Ruby has decided the past 4 night that the ONLY way she will sleep is wedged between Andrew and I. I've kind of given up hope on ever sleeping again, and I think that's the best way to look at it right now. 
This week:  Spring break was last week and boy it was quite the week for our family! We started it off by buying a new van (like, NEW NEW), which is super exciting. The boys transitioned to their new adoptive home, and Ruby and I got a lot done around the house. We also had a huge garage sale for our dear friends that are adopting from the Congo. I'm back at work this week and I feel like I can relax (ha). 
Miss anything: Sleep. 
Movement: Still flipping and turning multiple times a day. Her movements are getting more painful, and I can definitely tell that she's running low on space in there. She gets the hiccups at least 3 times a day, and she is always in a different spot when they happen, so she clearly still has room to move around a lot. 
Queasy/sick or other symptoms: Heartburn still rages its ugly head pretty frequently, but that's to be expected at this point in pregnancy. My back and neck are hurting a lot lately, and I'm just generally uncomfortable at times. I still feel like I can move around pretty well though! Being on my feet all day Saturday definitely took a toll on me though...my feet and ankles got swollen for the first time this pregnancy. 
Looking forward to: Am I to the point where I can say I'm looking forward to meeting this girl? I mean, of course I've felt that way the whole time, but we're close enough that it feels really really real. I'm looking forward to Ruby meeting her little sister that we talk so much about and seeing her love her. It's going to melt me, I already know it. I'm also looking forward to these last few weeks of us being a family of three. I'm trying to soak up this sweet time with Ruby. She is at such a fun age and we are truly loving getting to spoil her with attention right now.
Last week when our kitchen sink was broken and I washed sippy cups in the bathroom with wet hair. 


2 comments:

  1. Eek! You look amazing! Keep drinking those shakes girl cause they aren't affecting you any! I looked like that at 20 weeks ;) so fun you have a name! I totally get the judgement comments though, especially with Simeon's name. Wahoo about the van!

    Can't wait to see a pic of your sweet girl! Love y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CanNOT wait to meet her!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...