Tuesday, May 13, 2014

36 Weeks

How far along: 36 weeks! 
Due Date: June 9th, 2014
Gender: Girl! 
Name: Still working on a middle name...I believe we have it narrowed down to two. 
Weight Gain: Last week at the doctor I was up to 31lbs. Not bad considering I gained over 60 with Ruby, but still, it feels like a lot. I'm not focusing on it though and enjoying my fair share of milkshakes and ice cream. 
Maternity clothes: Yes. All the way. Remember those scrub pants I mentioned a couple weeks ago? Well, I'm still squeezing into them, but I'm really starting to think they aren't going to last me until the end. I'll keep you updated! I know it's very important to all of you. 
Belly button in or out: In most of the time, but sometimes out (like after eating and then laying on the couch like a beached whale).
Food cravings: Chick-fil-a peach milkshake. So, so, so good. We also bought some peaches & homemade vanilla ice cream, which I enjoyed after I got over the fact it didn't taste just like the heavenly milkshake. I've also been known to go through a whole bag of frozen peach slices in a day. See a theme here? 
Sleep: Not sleeping great. I think I've passed the point of no return in the sleep department. I just keep reminding myself that any sleep is better than the sleep I'll be (or wont be) getting in a few weeks when our girl finally arrives. 
This week:  We had a fun weekend with Ruby, and had a great time celebrating mothers day. We're really soaking up and enjoying our time with her as our only child. We went to the zoo, park, and out to eat...all things that wont be quite as easy with a brand new baby. I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday, where my doctor realized much to her surprise that my active baby girl decided to flip back around and dis-engage herself (she was head down, engaged, and ready to go at 35 weeks). She said that she almost never sees that happen. Little girl is comfy, I suppose. I have a feeling she's flipped back around though, we will see tomorrow! Crossing my fingers as I don't want to have to deal with worrying about her being breech. 
Miss anything: Sleep. 
Movement: She's a mover. Especially at night. I've decided that her nickname needs to be birdy because she is constantly flapping her arms (and legs) around like she's trying to fly. As space becomes more cramped, those big exaggerated movements that she loves so much are becoming harder for her to do, and more painful for mama to endure! I'm grateful for an active girl though, I don't have to worry about her much. 
Queasy/sick or other symptoms: Heartburn is still here, but it's nothing compared to the awful back pain I've been having. It's seriously terrible. Nothing seems to really make it better besides laying down, which I have absolutely NO opportunity to do at all during the day. I've been having Andrew rub some panaway essential oil on my back at night and it's amazing how much it has helped. I also busted out the heating pad and that has worked wonders also. 
Looking forward to: As much as I am looking forward to meeting this cutie, I am truly looking forward to each and every moment with Ruby until her sister arrives. Weekends are sacred now, as I know I only have a few more left until baby girl's arrival. I know Ruby is going to be a rockstar big sister, and our sweet baby is going to add so much to our family, but there is definitely a bitter sweet feeling when I think about Ruby not being our only one anymore (even though technically she has not been the "only child" for more than a month since she was about 6 months old!). We're taking it one day at a time and I'm really trying to savor every moment with my spunky big girl. She's really the best.

36 Weeks...getting quite round and large!

Mothers day with my girls. 
And for comparisons sake, here I am 36 weeks with Ruby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...