Friday, May 30, 2014

39 Weeks

How far along: 39 weeks!
Due Date: June 9th, 2014
Gender: Girl! 
Name: Still working on a middle name...I believe we have it narrowed down to two. 
Weight Gain: 35lbs. 
Maternity clothes: Of course.
Belly button in or out: In most of the time, but sometimes out. 
Food cravings: Anything cold, or carbs.
Sleep: Awful. Absolutely awful. I've had several nights in the past week where I can count the number of hours I've slept on one hand. It's sad, and I'm convinced it will get BETTER after I have this girl in my arms. If not, at least I'll have a cute baby to look at. 
This week:  My last week of work! I'm taking off until she comes. My feet, back, hips, and legs are all way too tired at the end of a long work day to continue on until the day I go into labor (which is hopefully SOON). We've had a busy, but good past couple of weeks. We've done lots of fun things with Ruby, and have experienced a lot of sweet little moments together as a family of three. We've played in the rain, and splashed in puddles and are just generally loving this precious time with our big girl. She's a joy. 
Miss anything: Sleep. 
Movement: Still a SUPER active little one. She's dropped very low, and is engaged, so her movements usually send me running to the bathroom. 
Queasy/sick or other symptoms: Insomnia, heartburn, backache, swollen feet, basically all normal signs that I'm about to pop a baby out. 
Looking forward to: HAVING THIS BABY (not being pregnant anymore). We are so excited to meet our sweet baby girl! I cannot wait to see Ruby become a big sister. If she comes around the same time Ruby did, she will be here early/middle of next week! It hit me this week that I'm going to have to go through labor again (duh!). I guess I just hadn't thought about it too much, because I've just been so focused on the end result (a cute little ball of newborn baby squishyness). I'm a little nervous about feeling that pain again. Praying for a smooth, quick (but not too quick), and healthy delivery. 

No picture to show. Just picture a really pregnant lady with a big round belly, and plumper than usual cheeks, and you've got the gist of it. 

Maybe my next post will be introducing our girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...