Saturday, July 30, 2011

change is...

I knew moving to a different state wouldn't be easy. Weeks before graduation I started to feel the not-so-happy part about change. My thoughts were so conflicting. I couldn't wait to be with Andrew always, I also couldn't stand the thought of leaving my 'family' in Texas. 
Marrying Andrew has been the best decision I have made ever. I am 100% totally over the moon happy  and even more in love with him than I have ever been. I can't wait for him to get home every day from work. I am content sitting on the couch watching him play playstation, pretty much as long as we are together, I'm happy. 
It's the times when he is at work, or baseball practice, or a football coaching meeting (like today), that I realize this isn't exactly how I planned it to be. And it's kind of driving me crazy. 
I for sure thought by now I would have a job. 
But I haven't even had one interview. 
I did get my first rejection letter, which strangely enough, was kind of encouraging. Before, I hadn't heard ANYTHING back from any of the jobs I applied for. My heart skipped a beat when I read "application status" in my email inbox. 
I also thought making friends would be SUPER easy. 
Not so much. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm making connections with really fun, cool people; but it's not yet to the stage where I can just call them up and ask them to meet me for coffee, or go to target together. It's just hard. 
I thought our house was going to be perfect. 
Yet, our front door wont close and our AC broke after being fixed for 2 days. Frustration. 


I know that there is a reason for these hard times, and I'm trying my darndest to keep my head up and remember that God has a plan that is far better than my own. 
I'm thankful for his provisions. That Andrew has a wonderful job and great friends who have welcomed me so warmly. I'm thankful for a husband that is so stinking sweet and loving.


So, change is conflicting. Wonderful and challenging at the same time. 


Thanks for listening.

Allye

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Allye. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts mimic yours exactly. Praying for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...