Monday, July 25, 2011

Rain rain, go away

It wont stop raining here. I really hate to complain about such things when my dear sweet Texas folk are going through one of the worst droughts since 1895. If I could send the multitudes of water, I would. 

We discovered when we moved into our 100 year old house that our metal kitchen sink would sometimes shock us. At first we weren't very concerned (I'm not sure why, because there is nothing normal about getting shocked while washing the dishes), but the shocks became stronger and more frequent so we told our landlord. We got an electrician to come out, she said she wasn't qualified to fix such a big problem but that we should stay away from the outlets in the kitchen (yikes!). A couple days later while Andrew was at work I started smelling something burning. I frantically searched the kitchen thinking that it was something in there but couldn't find anything. My nose led me to the front AC window unit outlet. We flipped the breaker on that unit and haven't had AC in the living room, kitchen, or office since. That was about 2 weeks ago. Because it's raining so much here we have not been able to get electricians out to our house to fix the problem, which is completely understandable but doesn't make the situation any less aggravating. We're hoping to get it repaired this week...if the weather cooperates. 

VBS was last week. It drained every ounce of energy out of both of us. 6 of the kids from Andrew's baseball team came, and it was exhausting to watch after them the whole week. While there were moments of joy seeing them soak up the word of God through song and dance, there were quite a few more moments of complete frustration. Andrew and I have prayed many times that the Lord would teach us how to love these boys in a way that doesn't allow them to take advantage of us, or the situations we are putting them in. Disciplining is so difficult with them because they have never received it. On thursday night they had their performance, and besides the fight I had to break up 10 minutes before, it made my heart so happy to see them up there singing (eh, screaming) scripture and truth about how Jesus loves them. 


Lets see...what else is happening? We sold over 100 records this weekend at the record raid, which made for a happy husband and a happy wife. I'm still looking for a job without much luck, and I still desperately want a puppy. Nothing new, really. :) Oh! Allie is visiting us in 7 days and I CANNOT WAIT. It will be so wonderful to have her here. Hopefully we'll have AC by then.

I promise that I will give a house tour soon. With all the rain we haven't been able to paint/decorate some of the things I wanted to do before I showed all of you. It's coming though...swear! 


Allye

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...