Thursday, July 14, 2011

Life in New Orleans

Welcome to the new blog! Andrew thinks it's corny and ridiculous and I'm okay with that. Probably because I'm corny and ridiculous. 
Anyway, I'm happy with it and I'm glad you're here reading it! 


So, we've been in New Orleans for almost 2 weeks now and we're having a great time. 
New Orleans is such a fun place to live! We're loving our house (a tour is coming, as soon as I get the back of the house decorated!). We decorated the living room, kitchen, and office/sewing room/music room, first because we had home group the sunday after we moved it. Since then, my decorative motivation has been a bit on the low side...I'll get to it eventually though, as soon as I run out of things to bake. Our neighborhood is fun, we have met our close neighbors and are excited to start building relationships here. We're in walking distance from the french quarter. We've only walked down there once, and it was miserably hot, so unless we have visitors I'm thinking we might save our walking for the Fall. 


A big part of our lives right now are these kids:
They love playing with the iphones

Nell's (probably the sweetest kid on the team) mean mug

blowing bubbles gone bad
Part of Andrew's job is with a nonprofit that does community outreach. These crazies are the main part of the outreach at the moment. Andrew has been coaching the baseball team this season, those pictures were taken at their last game (which they ALMOST won...13-5!). They are trying, but deep down, we love them. They make us laugh, and after hanging out with them we ALWAYS come home with a quote or two that will keep us laughing until we see them next. It's been an adventure getting to know them, their stories, and being there to cheer them on. 

I'm hunting for a job harder than ever before! I have officially applied to every hospital (that I know of) in New Orleans and surrounding areas. I'm trying my best to not get discouraged and enjoy this time of relaxation that the Lord has given me. I'm thankful that Andrew has a job and that we are okay. 

Other than job searching, I've been baking a lot, trying to cook good dinners, and learning how to drive in this confusing city!

I love being married to Andrew. It's so fun to live together and be together all the time. I'm very, very, very happy. 

I'll be back soon with more! 

xoxo
Allye

3 comments:

  1. I love the Crosbyville bloggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and my handwriting looks so good on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Lol to Allie's comments) Hey dear. I was sad that you ended your other blog but I've already fell in love with this one. :) Love you both and I'm excited about what the real world (and the blog world) has for both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...