Tuesday, February 21, 2012

12 & 13 weeks

The first trimester has come and gone, according to most. Some websites I've read say that the first trimester doesn't end until week 14. In that case, we have a couple more days to go. We have our next appointment tomorrow and I am so excited. It's strange because I have gone from a person who really dislikes going to the doctor, to one that counts down the days until my next appointment. I look forward to them so much. I think it's partially because I can't feel the baby yet,  I don't really know how everything is going in there but getting to see it moving and its little heart beating is so reassuring and makes me so happy. 
Baby C is about the size of a peach, can suck its thumb,  has fingerprints, and his/her vocal chords are starting to develop. It's so fun to think that in a few months we'll get to hear our baby use its vocal cords!

We started taking weekly pictures at week 12 (when I started to show). I'm still not quite at the point where I think someone who didn't know I was pregnant would notice, but I definitely do, especially after a meal!


I'm still completely amazed by the mystery of this adventure. It's just really incredible, and a true blessing to be allowed to carry this baby and have the Lord forming and knitting together this precious little person inside of me. 

1 comment:

  1. You're such a beautiful momma! Can't wait to meet baby C! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...