Sunday, February 5, 2012

Boohoo

It's been a strange week around here.
Hubs has been gone since Monday morning and I have been missing him like a crazy person.
Pregnancy hormones kicked into full gear this week, and worked together with my insane week at work, to make me a complete mess. I cried 3 times at work on Thursday. Now, this may not seem like that big of deal to some people, but for me this was INSANE. I really RARELY cry, and when I do it's in the comfort of my own home, or in a dark movie theater. I was shocked that tears were coming just because of frustration. I held it together until I could get to the bathroom, but it was still completely ridiculous. Thanks baby for making your mama a blubbering mess. I reminded myself of pregnant Pam in The Office when she's at her desk watching this commercial crying, trying to talk through her sobs saying "this dog, he just wants to protect his bone!"

Even with Andrew gone, and my bad attitude about him being gone, there was still fun to be had! On Thursday night I got to go to Blue Man Group with some friends. It was such a fun, quirky, strange show, and a great excuse to get my sorry sulking self out of the house.
Last night I went down to the quarter to watch the first big Mardi Gras parade of the season, Krewe du Vieux, with Tyler and Rachel. It was exciting, and got me in the spirit for Mardi Gras. I'm getting more and more excited about all the parades this year.
Tonight we're having a little super bowl fiesta over at our house. I really couldn't care less about the game, but am super excited about eating mexican food, and watching the commercials. I'm going to try my hand (again) at making homemade salsa. Last time I tried it was a bust; really watery, and not salsa like at all, so I'm hoping this new recipe I found on pinterest will be a success.

Babes has grown a lot this week. Well, maybe just my belly has grown a lot and the baby is just my easy excuse instead of the strawberry cheesecake ice cream I've been enjoying every night after work. Either way, I'm beginning to feel more pregnant and less like a zombie. Friday was the first day in a long time that I didn't wake up feeling like I could go back to sleep, and sleep the rest of the day. I never thought I would be so grateful for energy after missing it for so many weeks!
This week our baby is the size of a fig (almost 2 inches long), and almost fully formed! Pretty amazing how God is knitting together this little life inside of me. I really cannot get over how spectacular it all is.

Andrew comes home tomorrow morning! Unfortunately that means I wont get to see him until after work, but I still cannot wait! I have missed him SO much. Very ready to have my husband back, and life back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...