Saturday, February 25, 2012

Glimpse into the future

Today I got a small glimpse of what life may be like in a few years as a little family.
After the Bunny Friend's got stomped at their basketball game, we took Tre out to lunch at Cane's. His top three choices were McDonalds, Burger King, and Taco Bell but after Andrew let him know that I wouldn't go for any of those (he knows me well), Tre caved to Cane's. After some tasty chicken the plan was to take Tre home.
That is until he said "can we go to a pawn shop?"
I looked at Andrew, confused and not really understanding how Tre even knows what a pawn shop is, let alone why he is asking us to go to one.
Andrew said "I took him to a pawn shop...and he loved it."
All I could do was crack up, and think about how this is going to be my life. Driving around to pawn shops with my husband and kids looking through 'treasures' trying to find the perfect ones for us.
So, off we went to the pawn shop!
We looked at games, guitars, huge wrenches (when Tre saw those he asked what they were used for. Andrew replied "Big machinery, like backhoes" Tre thought that was hilarious), we even looked at the sparkly diamonds. His favorite were the games, though.


I loved laughing and spending time with these guys today. It makes me smile to think about future days like this with our growing family. So fun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...