Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 17

I'm back again for more talk about this kid that has taken over our blog, and will soon be taking over both of our lives. 

17 weeks into this journey. 3 more weeks until we are at the half-way point...it blows my mind how quickly this is flying by. Andrew and I were in shock thinking about how it feels like only a couple of weeks ago we were finding out about this lil bun in the oven, and now, just like that we're almost half-way to meeting him/her! Speaking of him/her, we are in full countdown mode until we get to find out if little one is a him or a her...8 days! CANNOT WAIT. 

Baby's development this week is not much different than last. The one difference is that our baby is now probably able to hear what's going on in the world outside my belly. It's pretty fun to think that he/she can hear Andrew and I's voices, he/she has probably already mastered covering its ears every morning on our way to work while I'm belting it in the car to wake up. I'm sure that's a lovely alarm clock.

As far as symptoms go, I'm more tired this week than I have been the past couple of weeks. I'm sure it has something to do with getting up to pee at least 3 times every night, thanks to my insatiable thirst that likes to kick in just about an hour before I go to bed. I've also been having really strange, vivid dreams and remembering every single detail about them. I've read that this is common in pregnancy and is because you spend less time in REM sleep because of said getting up to pee, tossing and turning, and the inability to get comfortable (which I'm sure is only bound to get worse once my belly is huge), so you are able to recall your dreams better. 

Still feeling the kiddo move occasionally and it is SO AMAZING. Andrew and I had pulled pork sandwiches tonight for dinner and right after I was done eating the baby just started moving around like crazy. The movements don't feel like I thought they would, but I'm sure once the baby gets bigger, it will feel more like a baby and less like a little bumble bee buzzing in my belly. 

For the bump pictures this week I thought we would change it up a bit and go out to our "backyard" for some pictures. The weather has been so beautiful here and it was nice to have a reason to go out and enjoy it! This week at church several people made comments about being able to tell there was a baby in there. So many people are excited with us, and it makes us that much more excited too! 


This next one doesn't really count as a bump picture, but it's just hilarious. It looks as though Oscar Mayer has moved in down the street from us. I have no idea how they parked this thing in our neighborhood (we can sometimes barely find parking spots for our cars), but they did have a residential parking pass.


Hope y'all are have a wonderful week! 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...