Sunday, June 24, 2012

First Anniversary

It has been one year (and two days) since Andrew and I were on a sailboat off the coast of Hawaii saying "I do" and committing to love each other forever and ever.




One year later, I can say that we love each other more than we did then, and that love just keeps growing and growing. I would have told you a year ago in my pre-wedding bliss that there is no way I could possibly love Andrew more, but somehow, that love has grown abundantly over the course of the year.  
Our life has taken some unexpected turns this year, and we are no where near where I thought we would be a year ago, and it's beautiful. It's beautiful because we know who orchestrates our stories, and we trust in the promise that it will be good and perfect. I'm so looking forward to seeing how the next year unfolds for our family. 

I decided to copy one of my long time bffs Monica in documenting our family every year at our anniversary to see how we grow and change. While our photos aren't nearly as great as Monica's (she's the talent behind the lens in our wedding photos too, by the way), I know it is something that we will cherish for a very long time. I hope Ruby can look back on these pictures and have fun seeing our family as we awaited her arrival. 




And, some out takes. I can't imagine what next year's photos are going to be like if we can barely manage ourselves and a dog. 




For our anniversary date, Andrew took me to the circus. It was so much fun! A while back, I was driving by the New Orleans Arena and I saw the advertisement for the circus. When I realized the dates were perfect for our anniversary I mentioned it to Andrew, and being the wonderful husband he is, he obliged and bought us tickets. We had a great time on our non-traditional first anniversary date. 



The elephants were both of our favorites  
Since seeing this Russian guy train tigers, Andrew has taken up speaking to Banjo in a Russian accent when trying to get him to obey.  

So pretty 


I am so grateful for such a wonderful husband. Sometimes when we're together, just sitting in quiet, I look at him and wonder how and why God decided to bless me so abundantly. I am overcome by the amount of love that I feel for him, and I'm so happy to get to spend my life with such a special person. 

Here's to many more years, babe. I love you! 



1 comment:

  1. happy anniversary! hope yall have many more to come!

    and we pretty much have the same anniversary picture! both with blessing babies in our bellies :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...