Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Interview day


Today I had my first "grown up" job interview. It was for a job that I applied for just yesterday morning. I got a call that afternoon asking me to come in today. It was surreal, considering I have spent months applying for jobs with just one lousy rejection email to prove it, and then out of nowhere I get a call for an interview the SAME DAY I apply for a job?! Unreal. 

Anyway, it went alright I suppose. Definitely not how I expected it to go, which seems to be the theme of life right now. I prepared by getting my profession portfolio all dolled up and ready and didn't even have an opportunity to show it off, and Andrew (so sweetly, and patiently) gave me multitudes of practice interview questions and I only got asked ONE. 
I'll hopefully hear something tomorrow! 

In other news, football season has begun which means I get to laugh at the boys fumbling around in their huge pads and helmets. It's pretty stinking adorable. I can tell that they feel so tough and macho in them, even though they look like strange tiny humans with huge torsos and heads. Again, adorable. 
 I have lost my voice thanks to the cold I mentioned in the previous post. The boys last night acted like it was headline news that I sounded funny, and kept accusing Andrew of getting me sick. They also stole my cough drops. Rude. 

I find myself in this very familiar place, rambling random things on our blog. 
I'm off to eat some grapes and watch Andrew play football on his playstation...jealous?

Allye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...