Monday, August 15, 2011

Decisions and men in dresses

What a strange weekend it was. 
After much deliberation and painful decision making (painful only because I really dislike big decisions) I, with the help of Andrew, decided that the job I interviewed for last week wasn't right for me. For many many reasons. The main one being that the place was extremely shady and I was nervous about getting locked in there. 
I'm back on the job hunt, but feeling very encouraged and at peace with it. I'm excited to see what God has planned, and I know it will be good! 
I finally got everything taken care of with the Louisiana Board of Nursing and was issued a LA license on Friday. Now I just have to wait for it to come in the mail and I'll be golden. So happy that phase of this transition is coming to a close. We also got news that our marriage certificate is in the mail from Hawaii, which is good considering I wasn't sure if we were actually legally married. It has taken so long. So hopefully sometime next week I can legally call myself Allye Crosby. Exciting times at the social security office and DMV are sure to be had. 
Robyn is coming to visit on Wednesday and I couldn't be more excited to see my soul friend! I can't wait to show her this wacky city and get some quality talk time. 
Speaking of wacky, this weekend was the red dress run  here. Andrew and I ventured out on Saturday morning for some garage sailing, and happened to get some free entertainment on our drive. We were laughing so hard the entire time. 



There is just something about an old man in a red dress and chiquita banana hat. You can't help but smile. 

Have a great week! 
Allye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...