Friday, September 9, 2011

Insta-Friday

Because I take so many pictures with my phone every week and use the wonderful little photo app called instagram  I've decided to start sharing these pictures on our blog every friday. I think it will be a fun way to document every day life around here! 


So, this week is kind of a mash up of last week and this week. Mostly because this week has been weird and I haven't taken many pictures and also because I have some gems from last week that I can't go without sharing. 


Starting with this one...
 
We had a ministry fair at our church last week to show all the ministries we are involved in and allow people to get involved. Miley was helping sitting at our table eating some gumbo and a sucker and fell asleep face first in it. It was so cute.
Picking up one of the boys from school. I love the old school buildings here. They are so pretty. 
Got to facetime with Juju! It was my first time to use it on my phone and I was pretty impressed with technology. Every time I use something new on my phone I'm always amazed at it's capabilities and it makes me feel like I'm 80. 
I busted out Jillian again. I've been feeling super self conscious lately (not good) and decided to do something about it. Well, it lasted for maybe 8 minutes and I was too tired to keep going. Ohhh motivation, I need you. 
I made scrambled egg whites with green peppers and tomatoes one night for dinner. It was SO GOOD. I am not usually one to crave eggs. It's actually one of those foods that I have to be in the right mood for, but Andrew's been wanting omelets for a while so I modified it a bit and really enjoyed it. I also perfected separating eggs. Bonus. 
Football season means we start picking up the boys from school around 4:15 and don't take them home sometimes until 10:30. This makes for hungry, upset, irritated, and eventually angry and uncontrollable children. My solution (which has yet to actually work) is to get food in their bellies. It was PB&J and cheese sticks this week. Our bread disappeared so quickly. 
This was also the day that I had my second interview (which went very well...still waiting to hear back about it). Andrew called me around 5:00 asking for me to go pick up 2 of our boys from school because he was dealing with another one because of a miscommunication. I didn't get out of my interview until around 5:15 and when I tried to call him back to see if I still needed to get them, his phone had died. I drove to the school anyway only to run around an empty school in high-heels and talk to a teacher that was just as confused as I was. I never found the kids, and as it turns out they had gotten released from school at 1:15 on a wednesday. Schools here as so bizarre. 

This morning we enjoyed a free breakfast a chick-fil-a. It was YUM! 

Our weekend plans include lounging, possibly going to a LSU football game, welcoming some friends and their son home from Ethiopia, and having college students over on Sunday evening. 
Busy, but fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...