Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quirky New Orleans

This city is full of little and big quirks. Our neighborhood is smack dab in the middle of it all so we get to experience quite a few of them. 

One of them is this man who drives around in a truck full of fruit and vegetables with a speaker attached to the top yelling into the microphone what he has. It's usually not understandable and sounds a little bit like a muslim call to prayer. 

Every time I hear him I laugh, and today I thought I would try and capture it for the rest of you, who live in normal places, to see. 

The only thing I understood from that was "I have PEARS". Maybe broccoli was after that? I don't know. before I could get the camera on he did say "I have apples and bananas" very clearly. I really have absolutely NO idea what the last longer thing he said was. I've watched it about 15 times and cannot get it. Let me know if you crack the fruit guy code. 

Someday I'll be quick enough to stop him and buy some fruit. He drives way to fast to give people time to come out of their house and buy something. Fruit man needs to take a lesson from the ice cream man who has mastered lingering and making all other drivers stuck behind him angry.
By the way, I don't live in a prison. Our gate was locked and I didn't have time to unlock it. One more reason fruit guy should drive slower...people in New Orleans have two doors to unlock. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...