Friday, September 16, 2011

Insta-Friday


Our sweet little J giving me his best "tough face". At this game they scored 2 touchdowns, something they have never done before. When they scored their first one all the coaches wives went nuts. You would have thought that Drew Brees had just threw the winning touchdown at the super bowl game. They still lost pretty bad, but no one cared. It was amazing.

I took J home and told him we could stop at the store to get a good game, good attitude treat. He chose hot fries (spicy cheetos), and a big shot (famous new orleans fruit flavored soda). 
We went to the first LSU game. It was my first time at a big college football game and it was fun to soak it all in. There were so many people and they were all so excited about their team. LSU killed Northwestern, living up to the stadiums "death valley" nickname. 
I made this delicious soup, a copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana. I changed it up some by using chicken sausage (healthier, no preservatives), and cooking it longer for the kale to become softer. It was YUMMY. I think it would have been better with regular italian sausage, but I don't regret the chicken sausage decision. 
I hung out with the little guys at football practice this week. They are 5, way too young to be playing/practicing with our team but they just love to come out and hang out with us/play on my phone. 
Julie sent me this adorable Texas apron. I love it. 
Oh my gosh, these cookies. Oreo cheesecake cookies. I made them for bible study this week, and they were a big hit. I enjoyed making them because I got to snack on oreos the whole time. 

Cutest toothless smile I know. Love this little guy. 
                       
I made a little fall flag banner for our mantle. It was really fun. I made a few mistakes and it has its flaws, but that just means that my Christmas one will be even better! 
 I've decided that when I get a job, the thing I'm going to miss the most is lazy Friday mornings with Andrew. He gets Fridays off since he works on Sunday. He usually sleeps in late, I get up, drink my coffee and plan breakfast. It may be my favorite time of the week. 
Speaking of the job situation, I now know that I am in the top 2 candidates and will hopefully know more today. Thank you for your prayers, they are cherished! 

Have a joyful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...